Are you a filmmaker or film enthusiast? Want to know what it takes to coordinate a film festival? Looking for a way to build industry contacts? Well than The Bushwick Film Festival is the right fit for you. Volunteering with The Bushwick Film Festival is a great opportunity for you to learn the inner workings of film festivals, see fantastic films and network with film professionals.
There are current volunteer opportunities in the following area:
- Assist with managing past filmmaker database.
- Facilitate recognition of past filmmakers their achievements and milestones
- Help facilitate communication between past festival filmmakers
- Act as liaison with Bushwick Film Festival to ensure continuity for incoming filmmakers/new alumni
- Serve as main point of contact internally and externally for all alumni
- Work closely with web designer on website and video content involving alumni
Public Relations / Marketing
- Works closely with Social Media Manger
- Assists in writing basic event announcements
- Assists in distributing marketing materials including fliers, posters and other ancillaries
- Proficiency with Photoshop and Illustrator a plus, but not required.
- Cultivating relations with members of the media, grass-roots organizations, and other groups of interest.
- Promoting films, visiting filmmakers, and events.
- Assisting in the organization and production of public events.
- Assists with generating content for the festival’s web site, social media sites, and e-newsletter
- Assists with maintaining and updating the festival’s profile on a variety of web sties, social media sites, and printed media.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, promotes, and facilitates special events
- Schedules and maintains communication with speakers, vendors, and participants; coordinates and monitors event timelines.
- Be onsite the day of the event to assist with overseeing set-up or performing the set-up themselves, and to troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- Finding sponsors for film festival
- Starting and maintaining relationships with sponsors
- Keeping current communications with all sponsors
- Assists with ensuring continuity for incoming/ returning sponsors
Energetic and outgoing with a love for indie film!
• Possess a lap top computer
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal
• Strong organization skills
• Thorough researching skills
• Some familiarity with film and the independent filmmaking industry helpful
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office
WHAT TO SUBMIT
To apply for a volunteer opportunity, please send a resume with a short letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put VOLUNTEER in subject line and specify in body of email which department you are interested in.
The Bushwick Film Festival celebrates the art of filmmaking, showcases unique and innovative films, and provides its filmmakers with the opportunity to market themselves to the public as well as the industry.